Comité International des Plastiques en Agriculture develops its activities toward the organization of international symposia “CIPA Congress”, the international review “Plasticulture” and exchange with national and international associations, companies and organisms involved with plasticultures.
Are related with “plasticulture” all plastics products used to insure the agricultural production. Are considerated all non-packaging products for vegetable (greenhouses, small tunnel, mulching, net, irrigation…) or animal production (silage, stretch, twines, nets…).
Mainly made of low density polyethylene or polypropylene polymer, plasticulture consider also degradable and biodegradable products.
Plasticulture is an international association dealing with all aspect of plastics in agriculture
Plasticulture will play a continuous increasing role in the growing demand of the mankind feeding. Plasticulture improves production in quantity and quality, using less pesticides, fertilizers, waters, etc. Since the beginning, the plasticulture community is involved in the environment protection, reducing the negative impact of the agricultural production. Once collected, plastics wastes from agriculture can be recycled.
Plasticulture has a tremendous contribution to an Intensive Ecological Agriculture and the Circular Economy.
CIPA & plasticulture: CIPA act in the interest of the plasticultures community in order to promote the usage of plastic in agriculture. Missions & objectives are as followed:
- International exchange platform between national committees;
- To provide information to world plastic community on research and studies relating to the use of plastic materials in agriculture;
- To encourage, in the widest economic sense, solutions to scientific and technical problems in the field of plastics in agriculture, through total international harmonisation;
- To promote experimentation of plastics in agriculture and standardisations. This activity will encourage the creation of quality standards, subjected to CIPA assessment, in order to achieve international standards;
- To study and analyse any relevant questions related to plastics in agriculture and the environment.